Quick Links • Colonic Therapy • • Ear Candling • • Ozone Therapy • • Ion Cleanse Foot Bath • • Massage Therapy • • Cellulite Massage • • Whole Body Vibration Therapy • • Detoxification • • Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy •
(also referred to as Colon Hydrotherapy, Colonic Therapy and Colonic Irrigation)
The colon is the sewage system of the body. Its purpose is to collect all fermented and putrefied toxic waste from every part of the anatomy and, by the peristaltic wave of its muscles, remove all solid and semi-solid waste from the body.
There are several habits that slow down bowel transit time:
- Eating high-fat, low-fiber food that are over processed, over cooked and devitalized.
- Not drinking enough good water.
- Consuming caffeine in coffee, tea, chocolate, and colas, which dehydrates the bowel and disrupts proper digestion.
- Bearing mental and emotional stress, which inhibit proper digestion, assimilation, and elimination.
Fortunately, these problems can be remedied without dependency on habit-forming laxatives, which only act as irritants to stimulate the muscular walls of the colon, abnormally contracting to expel the irritant. Laxatives also create dehydration in the body, so layers of old, dried feces remain in the colon, and only the more recent feces are pushed through the center and evacuated. This leads to degeneration in the tissues, muscles, and nerves of the colon.
With colon hydrotherapy, often referred to by such names as colonic or colonic irrigation, the process of gently cleansing and regenerating the colon can begin.
Colon hydrotherapy was first recorded in 1500 B.C. Hippocrates in the 4th and 5th century B.C. used enemas for fever therapy, and members of the Lewis & Clark Expedition were instructed by a physician as to the appropriateness of the use of enemas in the case of fever and illness. Historically we recognize there is something of value to colon therapy, or this practice would have long ago been abandoned.
At this point you may well ask, "Well, doesn't an enema flush out the colon? What's the difference?" The answer to the first question is "Yes," an enema will flush out to a degree but only the first 5 to 10 inches of the lower bowel. A colonic, however, comfortably flushes the entire length of the bowel and eliminates the inconvenience of rushing to the toilet for each release of material.
The Ventura Center for Healing provides safe, effective, and disposable instrumentation for this healthful therapy. During the process, the gravity-fed, filtered water gently flows in and out of the colon. The treatment is designed to cleanse the entire length of the colon, approximately 5 feet.
Since the equipment is a closed unit, no odor is present. The outflow of water removes excess gas, mucus, feces, and toxic material directly to the sewer line. During the emptying cycle, the hygienist may gently massage the abdomen to loosen and work the gas and feces from the colon and to stimulate peristalsis.
Using varying degrees of warmer and cooler water, the hygienist creates the process of relaxing, contracting and toning the muscular walls of the colon. When it is cleaner and healthier, elimination is easier, and over-all health is enhanced. These treatments are relaxing and soothing. The individual is always completely covered thus maintaining dignity.
Some individuals are concerned that colon hydrotherapy washes out the friendly bacteria. The fact is colonics evacuate harmful bacteria and help to balance the intestinal flora. Also, implants of friendly bacteria can be added to the colon.
The colon is a wonderful organ. When properly cleansed, everything about one's life seems more positive.
We recommend 3 or 4 colonics close together (about 2-3 days apart) when beginning your series. Some people with specific problems may wish to do a few more. Then once per month for maintenance
To make an appointment for a colonic please call our
office at (818) 343-3571
A colonic session is $75.00 and lasts 35-45 minutes.
Seniors and full time students only $70.
More information about colon cleansing at The Constipation Resource Center
To help aid your colon in performing its job we carry Colonic Rinse in the office. Colonic Rinse is used for thoroughly cleansing the intestinal lining and eliminating excess mucous and toxins. This superb combination of natural herbal and mineral compounds safely and gently prepares your gastrointestinal tract for optimum performance. A good colon cleanse can also help tone the colon - a necessity in maintaining optimum stool passage, and avoiding constipation and the onset of diseases associated with bowel dysfunction.
Fact: When you do not empty your bowels at least once a day, you're literally poisoning yourself from the inside out.
Colonic Rinse will help you get rid of unwanted toxins and cleanse your system of waste build-up & unwanted fat.
Why heeding the urge to go to the bathroom is very important.
Fact: The very last part of the colon, before reaching the rectum, is in an "S" shape and called the sigmoid colon. By the time stool gets to this part of the colon, most nutrients have been absorbed back into the bloodstream. Because the stool contains products of putrefaction at this point, there exists a special circulatory system between the sigmoid colon and the liver.
There is a direct communication of veins called the enterohepatic circulation. Have you ever felt sick just before having a bowel movement, when stool material has just moved into the rectum for elimination? As soon as the material is evacuated, you no longer feel sick. This is due of the toxic quality of the material and the enterohepatic circulation coming into play.
Because of this, it is important to evacuate when you have the urge. The rectum should usually be empty.
This circulatory system enables toxins to be sent directly to the liver for detoxification, rather than circulating them through the rest of the body and all of its vital organs including the brain. This system of veins carries rectal/sigmoid toxins directly to the liver for detoxification.
Disclaim The preceding is to provide information about Colon Hydrotherapy and the benefits that may be derived. It is not intended to claim a cure for any disease or condition. It should not take the place of medical advice or treatment.
Nutritional CounselingWe offer individualized nutritional counseling.
Please contact us at (818) 343-3571 for immediate response. If you prefer you can email us about more products that we have in stock. Our friendly staff are here to help. We can customize a nutritional program for your particular needs.
Recommendations for Better Health
Drink plenty of water every day. Herbal tea is fine. Drink at least 8-10 eight ounce glasses a day. A good rule of thumb is to drink enough water to equal ½ your body weight in ounces. For example: a 150 lb. person needs 75 ounces of water every day. Purified, spring or distilled with added minerals - please, no tap water!The average human loses between 3 and 6 liters of water on a typical day. One to two liters rushes out as urine, and another one-tenth liter in defecation. Water lost as vapor when you breathe could fill around 1 to 2 liter water bottles a day and even more in arid locations. Sweat fills up another 1 to 2 liters on an average day, but that amount can reach 1 to 2 liters per hour in an intense workout.
But if you're dehydrated, that super gulp won't give you the quick fix you dream of. The body can only absorb about 1 quart per hour.
Visit Watercure.com, website of Dr. F. Batmanghelidj author of Your Body's Many Cries for Water
Eat a healthy diet:
- Eat at least one large green salad every day (not the small side salad that comes with dinner). Make sure the salad has leafy greens, such as romaine, butter lettuce, green leaf, spinach, etc. NO ICEBERG LETTUCE. It causes gas and leaches the body of minerals.
- Eat 2-4 cups of vegetables every day, raw or slightly steamed.
- Get fiber into your diet. Eat 1-2 cups of cooked whole grains every day. Use the long cooking or whole old-fashioned variety. They have more fiber and more nutrients. Oatmeal for breakfast is great.
- Don’t forget to eat fruit. Five fruits per day is suggested, providing you don’t have any blood sugar problems. Bananas are constipating for most - they are mostly carbohydrates. Maybe ½ if you need potassium is OK for most.
- Do not eat bread products. Any starchy carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, potatoes, bagels, crackers, muffins, etc. will constipate you - even whole-wheat products. The recommended serving is 2-3 portions of wheat-free, sprouted grain bread PER WEEK. We recommend Ezekiel Bread produced with live grains and without flour. Food for Life
- STAY AWAY FROM DAIRY PRODUCTS. Dairy products cause mucous. The only dairy product with any good value is plain unsweetened yogurt, due to the friendly bacteria it contains. Good bacteria like acidophilus bifidus helps rid our bodies of gas, boosts the immune system and helps fight candida.
- Avoid soy products. They rob your body of calcium and it creates gas for many people. Go to www.westonaprice.org for more information on the drawbacks of consuming soy products.
- NO CAFFEINE! This includes decaffeinated coffee and chocolate of all kinds. These are some of the worst things you can put into your body, so try to eliminate them altogether. Caffeine robs your body of calcium.
- Try to juice fresh veggies at least 3 times per week.
- Take acidophilus bifidus capsules (or liquid equivalent) 2 times per day. Friendly-bacteria is very necessary for a healthy intestinal tract. We carry premium grade acidophilus here at the office as well as a large assortment of herbs and supplements.
- Supplements may be helpful. You can take charcoal capsules if you are gassy. Aloe capsules can be used if you are constipated.
- Take 1 tablespoon of UNFILTERED raw apple cider vinegar (please, not pasteurized - we recommend Bragg apple cider vinegar) OR fresh lemon juice in 8-10 oz. room temperature water first thing every morning. This sets up the digestive tract properly for the day.
- EXERCISE! Do some form of cardiovascular exercise at least 3-4 times per-week. This helps all of your bodily functions, including metabolism, and gives you an overall good feeling. So get moving!
MORE HELPFUL TIPS:
- Chew your food as much as possible.
- Do not eat too fast.
- Do not mix fruit with other foods. This creates instant gas. Fruit needs to be eaten about 45 minutes before other foods or 3 hours after. Fruit needs its own digestive enzymes.
- Don’t drink with a straw.
- Don’t chew gum.
- NO SODA or carbonated beverages (including sparkling water). These cause severe gas. Read "Soft Drinks, Hard Facts" a Washington Post article.
- AVOID ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS of any kind—no diet sodas or any diet products. Only stevia is acceptable. Stevia can be found at health food stores and comes in packets or liquid.
Ear candling or ear coning is an ancient healing art. It is used to help remove wax buildup.
Ear candling helps remove Candida, fungus, yeast and parasites in the ear canal and is sometimes used to treat chronic ear infections. It can also help with the sinuses and lymph system.
Ear candling by itself is very cleansing and invigorating but can be used in conjunction with a detoxification program that includes colonics and fasting followed by a proper diet.
To make an appointment for a gentle ear candling session please call us at (818) 343-3571. An ear candling session is $65.00
More information about Ear Candling on the Colon Therapist Network Website
Caution: Candling should NOT be performed on persons with a perforated eardrum or similar problem and should never be performed alone.
Ozone Therapy has been used for over 50 years. It is a powerful oxygen therapy and immune system enhancer.
All of our cells need oxygen to remain healthy. Most infections occur due to lack of oxygen and the invasion of anaerobic bacteria which thrive in the oxygen deficient environment.
Health and healing do not exist without oxygen. Without food, human beings can survive for a month. Without water we can survive for weeks. But without oxygen, we would die within 5 minutes.
In today's world it is no longer sufficient to simply breathe to ensure proper oxygenation. Our bodies are constantly bombarded with toxins in our air, water and food. In the city, oxygen levels in the air we breathe are declining. In order to ensure proper oxygenation we must go further than simply breathing. Ozone, a less stable more active form of oxygen, not only oxygenates the blood and tissues, but enables the delivery of that oxygen to the tissues and directly into the cells where it is needed.
In addition to oxygenation, Ozone or "activated oxygen" helps to boost the immune system, increase circulation of blood, and ensure that the red blood cells are flexible enough to travel through even the smallest blood vessel in order to reach the tissues and cells furthest from the heart. The end result is a strengthening of the immune system, and oxygenation of all of the tissues and cells of the body.
To make an appointment for ozone therapy please call the Ventura Center for Healing at (818) 343-3571. An ozone therapy session is $25.00 per modality 8-10 minutes (more for longer sessions.)
What is Ion Cleanse Foot Bath?An Ion Cleanse Foot Bath draws waste from the body though a unit placed in water with a positive and negative electric current.
How does it work?
It is similar to walking in the sand along the beach only more powerful because your feet are in direct contact with the ions being made in the water.
What are the effects?
Because of poor diet and high stress, we tend to accumulate and store excessive quantities of waste products. During a 30 minute session, the ions enter your body and begin to neutralize these tissue acid wastes. The process is called reverse osmosis.
Why would I want to use the Ion Cleanse?
Used in combination with regular colonics, this is an excellent way to enhance your cleansing progress. It may be possible to reduce pain and other symptoms caused by a lifetime of toxic buildup in the body.
What else can I expect from an Ion Cleanse session?
Many colors and objects appear in the water during Ion Cleanse sessions. There is a reaction between the toxins and particles in the water, the salt added to the water, the metals in the array, and the acidity or alkalinity of the person being bathed. All of these combine to produce color, whether or not feet are in the water. The basic color produced by these reactions varies from one geographic area to another.
It is important to understand that the water will change color even if the unit is operating without feet in the water. The basic color change is a result of the reaction between all of the variables in the water and the array, as discussed above. This color change will vary in accordance with the toxic and chemical components of the water and air given a particular geographical area.
The toxins in our bodies will look the same as the toxins predominant in a specific area; however, there will be more toxic particles in the water with feet in it. You will also find that water-based toxins will not stick to the side of the bucket and array, whereas substances pulled from the body will form a sticky ring that must be removed with a detergent.
We have also found that a person's detoxification session will override the toxicity of the water. The following table shows what the colors in the water represent:
Color of the Water
Area of the Body it Represents
|yellow-green||detoxifying from the kidney, bladder, urinary tract, female/prostate area|
|orange||detoxifying from joints|
|brown||detoxifying from liver, tobacco, cellular debris|
|black||detoxifying from liver|
|dark green||detoxifying from gallbladder|
|white foam||lymphatic system|
|white cheese-like particles||yeast|
|black flecks||heavy metals|
|red flecks||blood clot material|
To make an appointment for an Ion Cleanse Foot Bath session please call the Ventura Center at (818) 343-3571. An Ion Cleanse session lasts about 30-35 minutes and costs only $50.00.
Testimonials for the Ion Cleanse Foot Bath
From LS, female, 35 years old - June 13, 2008
The ion foot bath is awesome. I felt so rejuvenated afterwards.
It was great to see the colors changing and to see what
was being cleansed and detoxifying out of my feet. I recommend
this treatment in conjunction with doing a colonic. The
ion foot bath has given me so much energy throughout that
day and the rest of the weekend. It was great. Linda...thank
you for doing what you do!
To make an appointment for a Massage Therapy Session, please call Astrid at the Granada Hills location (818) 366-3429 or (818) 314-6168 or visit her website Valley Cellulite Massage.
The benefits of massage therapy are outlined below.
- dilates the blood vessels, improving the circulation and relieving congestion throughout the body
- increases the number of red blood cells, especially in cases of anemia
- acts as a "mechanical cleanser," stimulating lymph circulation and hastening the elimination of wastes and toxic debris
- relaxes muscle spasm and relieves tension
- increases blood supply and nutrition to muscles without adding to their load of toxic lactic acid produced through voluntary muscle contraction, thus helps to prevent buildup of harmful "fatigue" products resulting from strenuous exercise or injury
- improves muscle tone and helps prevent or delay muscular atrophy resulting from forced inactivity and can compensate, in part, for lack of exercise and muscular contraction in persons who, because of injury, illness or age, are forced to remain inactive - in these cases, massage helps return venous blood to the heart and so eases the strain on this vital organ
- may have a sedative, stimulating or even exhausting effect on the nervous system depending on the type and length of massage treatment given
- according to some authorities, massage may burst the fat capsule in subcutaneous tissue so that the fat exudes and becomes absorbed - in this way, massage, combined with a nutritious but calorie-deficient diet, can be an aid to reducing
- by improving the general circulation, massage increases nutrition of the tissues and it is accompanied or followed by an increased interchange of substances between the blood and tissue cells, heightening tissue metabolism
- increases the excretion (via the kidneys) of fluids and waste products of protein metabolism, inorganic phosphorus and salt in normal individuals
- encourages the retention of nitrogen, phosphorus and sulphur necessary for tissue repair in persons convalescing from bone fractures
- stretches connective tissue, improves its circulation and nutrition and so breaks down or prevents the formation of adhesions and reduces the danger of fibrosis
- improves the circulation and nutrition of joints and hastens the elimination of harmful deposits - helps lessen inflammation and swelling in joints and so alleviates pain
- helps to reduce edema (or dropsy) of the extremities and disperses the edema following injury to ligaments and tendons, lessens pain and facilitates movement
Most importantly, Massage makes you feel good!
To make an appointment for a massage therapy session please call The Ventura Center for Healing at (818) 343-3571.
Our bodies eliminate
waste efficiently, but if a problem occurs with proper elimination,
cellulite can be the result. This inefficiency of the system
to cope with the "poisoning" of our bodies is normally caused
by excessive indulgences and an incorrect life style.
In order to recapture your previous smooth body contours, you need to loosen the trapped waste materials from the tissue and effectively remove these wastes from the body while returning the connective tissue to normal elasticity.
With Cellulite Massage, the cellulite areas are targeted to stimulate circulation, especially for areas not very well worked with exercise, such as the inside of the knee and upper thigh.
Cellulite Massage to date is the most effective and aggressive approach to reducing cellulite. It is the one treatment that truly works. Through deep tissue manipulation, these unsightly pockets of fat can be broken down. Concentrating on the area of cellulite in the body, these massages have proven to far exceed the results any cream or machine can produce over time. Finally, here is a natural approach to eradicating cellulite without surgery or needles.
Cellulite Massage, combined with colonics, can be most beneficial in detoxifying your body. After a Cellulite Massage your body will need to rid itself of the toxins that have been broken down. What better way to do this than to have a colonic session shortly after your massage.
To make an appointment for a Cellulite Massage please
call Astrid at the Granada Hills location (818) 366-3429
or (818) 314-6168 or visit her website
Valley Cellulite Massage.
A cellulite massage session is $150.00.
Please note: the Granada Hills location is available
ONLY for a Cellulite Massage.
For our other services, including a colonic and/or massage other than a cellulite massage please call the office in Tarzana (818) 343-3571
(Use of machine free for our clients)What is Whole Body Vibration Therapy?
Clinical studies have shown that whole body vibration -WBV- substantially improves muscle strength, performance and flexibility. It has also been proven to enhance blood and lymph circulation, which is critical in regenerating damaged tissues. WBV is also being utilized to assist the circulatory system's ability to deliver vital nutrients and hormones throughout the body.
WBV provides the same or even better effect of exercising while just standing on the machine doing nothing but listening to your favorite music. It can be used by anyone regardless of age, sex, physical or neurological condition. This is especially good news for office workers, overweight people and recovering patients, who experience difficulty exercising over extended periods of time.
Used alone, or as a pre or post workout complement to traditional strength training and cardiovascular exercise, WBV provides its conditioning benefits in a fraction of the time, compared to traditional strength training and cardiovascular exercise. Full-body workouts, consisting of movements and positions designed to train the entire body, can be done with WBV. Since it can train without the physical rigors of traditional exercise, individuals with debilitating conditions can enhance their quality of life and potentially extend it through improved overall fitness. For avid fitness enthusiasts, WBV enhances traditional exercise regimens. Check out this article from The Detroit Medical Center
When was Whole Body Vibration Therapy developed?
Whole Body Vibration Therapy was first developed in the Soviet Union to condition Soviet cosmonauts to withstand the effects of weightlessness in outer space for months at a time.
- The Soviets conducted rigorous scientific studies spanning several decades that confirmed the remarkable restorative powers and safety of Whole Body Vibration Therapy.
- Soviet cosmonauts have lived in space for more than a year (420 days) without suffering the serious health effects of weightlessness. American astronauts who did not use Whole Body Vibration Therapy conditioning were able to live in space for only 120 days due to muscle weakness and lowered bone density.
- Researchers in Germany developed the first commercial Whole Body Vibrational device, driven by electrical motors based on simple mechanical principles.
- Scientists in South Korea have developed a more sophisticated patented technology that eliminates many of the limitations of earlier vibrational devices. The remarkable increase in effectiveness of this new WBV approach has been demonstrated in studies in Korea.
Clinical Applications of Whole Body Vibration Therapy
Whole Body Vibration Therapy is used in the medical field for the treatment and prevention of a variety of illnesses, injuries, and adverse health conditions.
Emphysema: Ordinarily, patients with emphysema find it nearly impossible to undertake any kind of physical exercise. WBV Therapy enables patients to achieve most of the benefits of a regular workout and helps them to do cardio-fitness training such as walking or even running.
MS / ALS: Patients with Multiple Sclerosis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis are unable to train because the nerves are no longer capable of controlling the muscles properly. WBV Therapy activates the muscles directly without relying on the nervous system. Patients tend to feel better, have more energy to cope with everyday activities, experience less pain and are less dependent on others.
Osteoporosis: Millions of Americans, especially women, are at risk of developing this disease, which results from the decalcification of the bones due to hormonal imbalances. The bones become fragile with a tendency to break easily. WBV Therapy increases bone density, usually reversing the effects of osteoporosis.
For more information about bone strength see how NASA uses Whole Body Vibration Therapy http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast02nov_1.htm
Arthritis and Rheumatism: WBV Therapy can reduce the pain and discomfort of these conditions. It has been proven to increase blood circulation in the joints and dramatically improve flexibility and range of motion.
Lower Back Pain: WBV Therapy can strengthen the weakened lower back muscles that cause back pain. Patients with an acute back herniashouldnotuse WBV Therapy.
Pelvic Instability: This condition usually results from softening of the connective tissue during pregnancy. WBV Therapy quickly brings the hormonal system into balance, enabling connective tissue to recover its strength and firmness.
Excess Body Fat: WBV Therapy works several ways to dissolve excess body fat; it increases metabolism which burns calories more rapidly; increases blood circulation and lymphatic drainage thereby removing toxins faster. Human Growth Hormone secretion increases dramatically (460%). Excess body fat melts away effortlessly. People who use WBV Therapy for 10 minutes, three times a week, lose significantly more fat than those who engage in aerobic activity for one hour three times a week!
Cellulite: Those lumpy fatty deposits that form an unattractive dimpling effect around the thighs and other parts simply melt away under WBV Therapy.
Stress: Modern life is stressful, causing the release of toxic stress hormones such as cortisol and epinephrine, which throw the immune system out of balance and destroy brain cells by the millions. WBV Therapy increases human growth hormone and serotonin (the "happiness, relaxation and well-being hormone") secretion, lowers cortisol and epinephrine secretion 31%, and enhances circulation, all of which counteract the effects of stress on the body and spirit.
Contraindications for Use
If one of the conditions listed below applies to you we strongly recommend that you consult your physician before using Whole Body Vibration Therapy:
Whole Body Vibration Therapy session is free for our clients.
What is detoxification?
Most people associate the word detox with drugs or alcohol. Essentially it is the same thing except you don't just eliminate the drugs and/or alcohol you go beyond that in order to eliminate years of toxins that have built up inside your body since birth. Everyone has toxins, even people who have a relatively "clean" diet. No one can escape these toxins, they are in the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat and whatever else is absorbed through the skin.
Most toxins are eliminated through the following main pathways:
Other pathways of elimination are the lymph and blood.
When our body gets overloaded with toxins these pathways can't do their job properly. Possible toxic overload includes allergens or substances each of us are allergic to like dust, pollen, mold, heavy metals and certain foodstuffs, just to name a few. This is when intervention through detoxification is needed. Detoxification is essential when a person is considering holistic therapy. Holistic Therapy is different from western medicine in that it uses the body to heal itself. The body can't heal itself if toxic substances are continually introduced into the system. This is one of the main reasons people get discouraged when starting a holistic therapy program because they don't see the results immediately.
There is a certain order to detox. Are you kidding? No, seriously, your body is a very smart machine, you can't fool it no matter how hard you try. You can't just run out and but some pills or drink some tea and expect a good cleansing to take place. It must be done properly, otherwise you will just be going around in circles and re-introducing toxins into the body.
First, you must cleanse your colon - during this time you will also cleanse the kidneys. Wean yourself from coffee/tea/soda that contain caffeine. This greatly lessens any cleansing reactions like headache and vomiting that accompany caffeine withdrawal.
Second, you will do a liver/gallbladder flush. To properly detox the liver, a liver/gallbladder flush must be performed every 3-4 weeks until stones are no longer passed. Each liver/gallbladder flush should be followed by a colonic 2-3 days later.
Last, you will work on the lymph, blood and the rest of the body.
Can't I just fast for detoxification? No, this only works when the body is already fine tuned and running efficiently. It takes years of short fasts and proper eating to attain a clean fast. You also need proper supervision, especially if you embark on a long fast, otherwise you will get seriously ill from the amount of toxins and the swiftness of their elimination from your organs into your bloodstream.
|When Should You NOT Detox?
So please remember do not start a detox regimen when you are sick.
You need to start your healthy lifestyle FIRST, before you start detoxing, so you have a reserve that your body can draw on to allow your liver to do its job properly.
If you fail to do this you can easily overwhelm your liver's ability to process these toxic substances that are being eliminated and you will become VERY sick, wishing you had never done the detox in the first place. So please use some caution.
Ok so what do I do now?
- You need to drink plenty of clean water. Follow this rule for daily water consumption.
- Avoid sugar and sweets of all kinds, even artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid margarine and hydrogenated fats, especially fried foods.
- Avoid foods that contain preservatives and colorings.
- Cut down on animal protein during your cleanse, it overtaxes the digestive system, kidneys and liver.
- Do eat plenty of raw and lightly steamed vegetables. See Nutritional Counseling page for more.
- Exercise at least 20 minutes a day. Go for a walk during lunch instead of gabbing on the phone.
- Use herbal preparations to assist you in your detoxification.
- Get regular colonics.
Some of the reasons for application of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Certain non-healing wounds (post-surgical or diabetic foot ulcers)
- Radiation soft tissue necrosis and radiation osteonecrosis
- Necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria)
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Decompression sickness
- Severe infection by anaerobic bacteria (such as gas gangrene)
- Air or gas embolism
- Severe uncorrected anemia
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Enhancement of healing in problem wounds
- Sports injuries
- Crush injury or acute trauma
- Skin grafts and flaps
- Thermal burns
How Does Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Help in Healing?
Humans can live without oxygen for approximately 5 minutes. Oxygen is essential to our existence, as evidenced in the numerous conditions caused by oxygen deficiencies in our bodies. This lack of oxygen results in a dysfunction of organ systems, causing numerous chronic health conditions. When utilizing HBOT, oxygen is forced into the tissues, organs, brain and fluids throughout the body through the pressurization of the hyperbaric chamber.
- Oxygen floods areas that are oxygen starved to stimulate cell growth and regeneration.
- Hyperbaric oxygen increases neural brain function due to oxygen saturation.
- Oxygen displaces toxins and other impurities to assist in detoxification of your system.
- Hyperbaric oxygen acts as an anti-viral and anti-bacterial. Viruses & bacteria can't tolerate oxygen.
- Oxygen reduces tumor growth in cancer patients.
- Hyperbaric serves as an immune system modulator, bringing T and B cells within normal levels.
- Hyperbaric oxygen provides many other condition
|Solace 210 Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber (right) in use at the Ventura Center|
Please contact us at (818) 343-3571 to make an appointment for a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy session. A 50-60 minute Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy session is, we suggest bringing a CD player or I-Pod type device with headphones.
Please note: If you are claustrophobic, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is not a good idea.
Acid waste is a by-product of the food we eat, the air we breathe and environmental pollutants that bombard our bodies every day. Most acid wastes are not eliminated when they should and are reabsorbed by the colon and the liver, then put back into circulation and deposited into the body tissues. (One more reason to get regular colonics!)
Acid waste is the basis for all disease. Everything from Candida to cancer thrives in an acid environment. Alkaline water helps rid the body of toxins and acidic waste.